For our next Carpinteria Birdwatchers meeting, special guest Linus Blomqvist will tell us about a project he’s recently been involved in, monitoring the movement of seabirds (mostly) from the remote and hard-to-reach Point Conception, the prominent headland that divides the waters of Southern California from the coastline to the north.
Update: In part 2 of our meeting, Hugh Ranson will talk about the amazing fall birding that’s been happening lately at Scorpion Harbor on Santa Cruz Island.
The meeting will be at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 20, 2022. See you there via Zoom or YouTube livestream.
Topic: Birds of Point Conception: Carpinteria Birdwatchers meeting for October 20
Time: Oct 20, 2022 06:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
- Group outing Saturday, Oct 22, 8:00 a.m., at Monte Vista Park
- 2022 Carpinteria Christmas Bird Count, including signup form link
- eBird hotspot for Point Conception Lighthouse
- Island Packers Scorpion day-trip reservations
- eBird hotspot for Scorpion Harbor, Santa Cruz Island
- eBird hotspot for the Scorpion Campgrounds, Santa Cruz Island
- October 7, 2022, eBird trip report for Scorpion Harbor
- October 16, 2022 eBird trip report for Scorpion Harbor