Update: There have been so many cool bird surprises along the Carpinteria coast in the last few weeks that I’ve decided to make our next meeting all about them. We’ll cover banded bird reporting and not one but two species that have recently made historic nesting attempts along Carpinteria beaches: Black Oystercatchers and Snowy Plovers. Join us via Zoom or YouTube livestream at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 27, 2021.
Special guest: Jessica Nielsen, conservation specialist with the Coal Oil Point Reserve.
Topic: Surprises along the Coast: Carpinteria Birdwatchers meeting for May 27, 2021
Time: May 27, 2021 06:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 829 4981 9407
Links mentioned during the meeting:
- International Bird Rescue banded bird reporting page
- USGS North American Bird Banding Program reporting page
- Santa Barbara County Breeding Bird Study
- Black Oystercatcher breeding attempt at the Carpinteria Bluffs – Carpinteria Birdwatchers blog post
- How to report banded Western Snowy Plovers – California Audubon
- Coal Oil Point Reserve
- Snowy Plover nest on Carpinteria State Beach – Carpinteria Birdwatchers blog post
- Slides from the meeting